I knew this would happen, but I didn’t expect a diss track to drop so soon. Yung6ix – in a Kendrick Lamar-esque manner – declared himself the “Best Rapper in Nigeria” earlier today via twitter, and “rapheads” have been buzzing ever since.
BlaqBonez is a name I literally just came across less than an hour ago after receiving this song via email. It’s a “Warning” shot to Yung6ix for making such a bold claim. Am I impressed? Hell yes! Hopefully this will turn out to be a stepping stone for this new kid on the block.
BlaqBonez 1-o Yung6ix. Who’s next?
Channel O and Forbes Africa presents the top 10 most bankable Artistes in Africa. Factors such as endorsement value, popularity, show rates, sales, awards, YouTube views, appearance in newspapers, investment, social media presence, Influence and so many others were considered. The top 10 Bankable Artistes in Africa according to Channel O and Forbes Africa include:
1. AKON – CEO of Konvict Music, opened doors with other African artiste
2. DON JAZZY – Producer. CEO Mavin Records, Influential producer, MTN, Samsung and Loyal Milk endorsement. D’Banj, Kanye West, Beyonce and Jay Zon production credit
3. P SQUARE – Music Duo. Featured on Forbes Africa twice, sold out concert, presidential guest in at least 5 African countries, they fly private jet…
4. D’BANJ – Music Artiste. International music brand, GO D Music deal, SonyEntertainment deal
5. WIZKID – Music Artiste. EME artiste, Starboy CEO, affiliation with Disturbing London, several international collaboration, highest paid Pepsi ambassador in Africa, ambassador of MTN
6. 2FACE IDIBIA – Music Artiste. 10million disc and at least 7million digital sale, multiple ambassador, one campaign… associated with Guinness, Haven Homes, Airtel Worldwide and philantropist – 2face
7. ANSELMO RALPH – Music Artiste Samsung and Coca Cola ambassador, Angola prince, Perfume line, clothing label, multi million dollar tour bus, Sony artist.
8. SARKODIE – Rapper. Presidential youth
ambassador Ghana, Sark clothing, Samsung ambassador, fan milk Ghana
9. ICE PRINCE – Music Artiste. Six million
downloads, 2 studio owner, one foundation member, Plug N Play ambassador, Zamani foundation
10. BANKY W – Music Artiste. Co owner EME, Samsung Ambassador, Philanthropist, multiple award winner (Published 01-September 2013)